We'll help you get to Anaheim, CA with our Justification Toolkit!
Many travel and training budgets have been reduced, which means that regardless of the merits of attending the Justice For Vets 4th Annual Vet Court Con, you'll probably need to justify the expense and your time away from the office.
So, we've put together a Justification Toolkit to help you explain how the return on investment is substantial for attending this training.
- Benefits of Attending
- Tips and Talking Points
- Justification Letter (a letter template you can complete and give your supervisor)
- Calculate your Return on Investment (ROI)
The Justice For Vets 4th Annual Vet Court Con reflects the "must have" content for Veterans Treatment Court. It's the one event that brings together judges, law enforcement officials, treatment providers, Veterans Treatment Court coordinators, researchers, celebrities, leading authorities on best practices in veterans substance abuse treatment, Veterans Treatment Court graduates, probation officers, attorneys, consumer advocates and experts in the Veterans Treatment Court field who will provide you with usable answers to your most pressing questions. No combination of other events can equal the quality, scope and value of these four days. Since you've found this page, you probably know this conference has consistently delivered the best-in-class speakers and content - and is recognized as the leading training conference in the Veterans Treatment Court field.
The Justice For Vets 4th Annual Vet Court Con includes content for Veterans Treatment Courts of every size and region. You'll gain new tactics, insights and increased ability to improve the success of your Veterans Treatment Court.
Five reasons you must attend:
- Exclusive, practical content on topics for every discipline on your team.
- Sessions covering every aspect of Veterans Treatment Court, including planning, implementation and operations.
- Direct access to the largest group of experts in the fields of treatment, evaluation, supervision, law, and other issues impacting your program.
- Significant opportunities for peer idea exchanges.
- A superior DRUG COURT EXPO showcasing the newest and most innovative services and products for the Drug Court and Veterans Treatment Court fields.
You'll benefit from:
Comprehensive content. Vet Court Con will cover the topics that matter most to Veterans Treatment Court professionals.
A flexible program. We offer a combination of plenary, concurrent general and breakout sessions providing you the ability to custom-build a tailor-made conference experience.
Current thinking in the heart of the Veterans Treatment Court community. Come hear experts talk about what concerns them now and into the future.
Here are some tips and talking points that you will want to consider when making your request to attend the Justice For Vets 4th Annual Vet Court Con --focus on what you will specifically bring back to the organization as return for the investment.
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you are attending the Justice For Vets 4th Annual Vet Court Con.
- This conference will help build your team, providing a forum for team members to discuss tools, technologies, and processes and how they might apply to improve your Veterans Treatment Court.
- The Justice For Vets 4th Annual Vet Court Con offers a comprehensive, time-intensive learning environment. Your attendance will be much more cost effective and time-efficient compared to registering for multiple seminars or webinars. Plus, you'll minimize the time you are away from the office.
- The conference offers Veterans Treatment Court professionals an unparalleled, world-class education. It provides an in-depth curriculum developed and delivered by the field's most recognized experts.
- Professional development training is critical to prepare employees to take on greater responsibility. Attendance at professional development conferences such as this will provide your Veterans Treatment Court with the tools to ensure your program has access to evidence-based solutions for your court and its participants.
- If you are working to obtain or maintain your professional education status, remind your supervisor that the conference offers valuable training hours you can apply towards required continuing education. This conference has been approved for continuing legal education (CLE) credits in most states, judicial education (CJE) credits, substance abuse provider and social work continuing education (CEU) hours. Also, NADCP is a certified provider of education for NAADAC.
- The content is appropriate for courts of all sizes and all regions.
- Vet Court Con attendees have access to the NADCP 22nd Annual Training Conference sessions.
- Over 100 vendor contacts and information from the DRUG COURT EXPO.
- Offer to deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you've learned. That way others in your court will get the benefits of your attendance, too.
- Share the speaker handouts with your colleagues. As an attendee, you have unlimited access to materials posted by speakers.
Be sure to check out the registration page where the registration fees are listed to see if you qualify for the NADCP Member Rates. Remember: NADCP Members save $100 on registration fees.
This is a suggested template for a letter you can draft to request employer support for your attendance at the Justice For Vets' 4th Annual Vet Court Con, June 1-4, 2016, in Anaheim, CA. If you decide to use it, please make sure you include your court or agency's name and the correct prices in the appropriate areas. Also, be sure to do your homework and calculate your return on investment (ROI). Registration includes two receptions and a daily continental breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in Anaheim, CA!!
[City, State, Zip]
I would like to attend the Justice For Vets 4th Annual Vet Court Con, June 1-4, 2016 in Anaheim, CA. I believe that attending this conference will benefit me through the education I will obtain and the valuable information I'll be able to share with [insert court/agency name]. Justice For Vets provides training to over 1,000 Veterans Treatment Court professionals annually at its national conference-the largest training conference in the nation addressing substance abuse and crime.
Vet Court Con is specifically tailored to enhance the skills, leadership, and training of the Veterans Treatment Court team with over 200 cutting-edge sessions, opportunities to connect and learn from colleagues around the world. I will come away educated and energized! Vet Court Con offers courses for the new practitioner and team members who have been in the field for years. The sessions will be a blend of providing what to watch for now and in the future and practical ways to implement these concerns at a minimal cost. Further, it will help us focus our attention on the highest risk areas, given how stretched our resources are.
Plenary presentations and breakout session topics will include [add topics from your specialty- and benefits specifically to your responsibilities].
It is not often that an opportunity comes along for me to go to a conference like this, so I hope that you will approve my attendance. NADCP provides enormous value for the money because the pre-registration fee is only $600 for NADCP members, $700 for NADCP non-members, and $400 for International attendees which includes two receptions and a daily continental breakfast. I have calculated the costs on the attached expense worksheet for your convenience.
Additionally, this conference will provide me most if not all of my continuing education. If I attend every session that is offered (1 session per track), I will receive approximately (1155 minutes) 19.25 hours (based on a 60 minute hour) or 23.1 hours (based on a 50 minute hour). I will also be able to receive ethics/professionalism courses for (885 minutes) 14.75 hours (based on 60 minute hour) or 17.77 hours (based on 50 minute hour). [confirm that your court or organization requires/accepts the Vet Court Con educational courses for hours].
The Justice For Vets 4th Annual Vet Court Con will offer me a world-class education that is unparalleled in our field. For the benefits that I expect to derive from this conference, I believe those costs are minimal, and I hope you will support my attendance.
Conference expenses are affected by a number of factors. Before you can even begin to justify conference expenses, you need to calculate what those expenses are. To do so, use the following Expenses Worksheet to develop a cost estimate for attending the 4th Annual Vet Court Con Conference.
Try a Web travel service to get a quick estimate
Justice For Vets negotiated per diem rates with hotel: $150 plus tax
Transportation: Airport to Hotel
Taxi- car rental?
Transportation: Hotel to Airport
Taxi- car rental?
Driving to conference? To the airport for your flight? Use Map Quest to calculate distances, then multiply miles by .575 cents/mile (IRS standard for 2015)
at airport for flight departure, or at hotel where conference is located
Food Per Diem
IRS local rate for conference is $71. Remember, most include breakfast $12, lunch $18, Dinner $36 & incidentals $5.
X Total number of employees going
= Grand Total